What happens when I reach 18?

As you make the move to living independently we will continue to help and support you. We will:

  • respond to your needs
  • keep in touch with you
  • make sure you still have a worker who supports you which could mean your Social Worker
  • continue to develop the Pathway Plan with you
  • help you to find suitable accommodation
  • assess your financial needs and make sure they are met

Your worker will be able to tell you how much financial support you will be getting.

How much you can get is different for everyone and depends on your personal circumstances. You may be eligible to claim:

  • Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Housing Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Community Care Grants