Come and join us...
At Rosliston Forestry Centre, Summer trip 2012
The Children in Care Council (or CiCC for short) has around 40 members. We meet on the 3rd Wednesday of every month and talk about some of the issues that we have, and that other children in care have. We are also asked for our views on important stuff like how services are run. If you want to see our minutes (notes of our meetings), so you can read what we talked about and let you know about any things you might want us to hear about, then please click here.
Some of the ways we ensure we are heard are through: co-chairing the Corporate Parenting Board, going to regional events and also attending the A.P.P.G for Looked after children and care leavers, in Parliament!
If you would like to join the CiCC we'd love to meet you! Your views are really important!
Hopefully see you soon!
Leicestershire's Children in Care Council
Promise Me 2.0
Even though there's lots more work to do to make sure the first set of Promises are kept we want to keep challenging things and fighting for change to make things better for us all. Here are our ideas for the next Promise Me campaign, contact us and tell us what you think!
- Don't wear your ID badge when you're out with me, or at my school (show it at reception and then put it away)
- Make sure that I have a bank account, passport and copy of my birth certificate by the time I turn 16 (and my NI number asap).
- Every child in care should have their social worker's work mobile number.
- Don't change my social worker unless you really have to, and listen to me if I say I want to change.
- Speak to children and young people with respect, let them know what's going on and ask for input.
- If I have to move home give me lots of information about where I'm going (and a choice if possible) this includes respite placements.