Terms and Conditions
- This website is maintained for your personal use and viewing. The access and use of this site featuring these Terms and Conditions constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, which take effect from the date on which you first visit this site.
- We may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions without notice. It is your responsibility to regularly review the Terms and Conditions in case there are any changes. Continued use of this site after a change has been made is your acceptance of the change.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed and construed in accordance with English Law. If any provision of the foregoing is held to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
The information contained within this site
- Whilst Leicestershire County Council and thebeacon.com make every effort to keep the information on the beacon website accurate, they disclaim any liability for any warranty or representation, express or implied about the accuracy, completeness or appropriateness of that information for a particular purpose and you must satisfy yourself on these matters before using such information. Accordingly, you assume full responsibility for using the information on thebeacon.com website, and you understand and agree that by doing so Leicestershire County Council nor its employees are responsible or liable for any claim, loss or damage arising from the use.
- Web site material and that relating to third party information, products and services is provided 'as is', without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness or a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- We do not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the service that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of, data or profits arising out of or in connection with this site.
- Links contained in this site will lead to other websites not under our control, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. Links provided on this site are provided to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply reliability and endorsement by us of, and we accept no liability in respect of, the content.
- Although we do strictly monitor discussions, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and the like, we are under no obligation to do so and assume no responsibility or liability arising from the content neither of any such locations nor for any error, omission, infringement, defamation, obscenity, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on this site. Contributions contained within thebeacon.com do not necessarily reflect the views held by Leicestershire County Council.
- We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system that may occur through viruses or for any other reason whilst using material from this site.
- The names, images and logos identifying this site, third parties and their information, products and services are proprietary marks of their respective owners. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication or otherwise any licence or permission to use this material without the express consent of the copyright owner.
- When you submit any contribution to thebeacon.com website (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant thebeacon.com and its hosts a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licenseable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution, and in accordance with privacy restrictions set out in our Privacy Statement as contained elsewhere on the website.
- By contributing your material to thebeacon.com you will retain your copyright ownership jointly with Leicestershire County Council, and by contributing to the website, you accept and agree with this.
- If you do not want to grant to Leicestershire County Council the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to us.
- Further to this, by submitting your contribution to thebeacon.com, you warrant that your contribution:
- is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to thebeacon.com website for all the purposes specified above;
- is not defamatory; and
- does not infringe any law; and
- indemnify Leicestershire County Council against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Leicestershire County Council as a result of your breach of the above warranties/representations; and
- waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on thebeacon.com and the purposes specified above.
- You are required to obtain your parents' permission before taking part in any discussion forums or contributing material to thebeacon.com website.
- Never reveal any personal information about yourself (for example: your telephone number, mobile phone number, your full name, home address or email address) while participating in the above activities.
- Never post your or any other under 16 years olds' photograph onto thebeacon.com website. If you would like to add a group photograph, please contact the Web Administration Team for advice before-hand. Contact details can be obtained from the about us section.
- Our website contains links to other sites. Leicestershire County Council and thebeacon.com are not responsible for the Terms and Conditions of use within any of these other sites. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave our site and to read the Terms and Conditions on other websites you visit which collect personally identifiable information.